Recently, technology influences to people globally, so blog is a connecting channel, which benefits for doing business because creating professional profile to gain trust is a must.
I love “Why should business blog?” wrote by Corey Eridon very much. His explanation about his perspective toward writing blog utilises your business.
In my whole life, I have never written something like diary, reviews or even blog before. As I am MSc student at University of Southampton, participation of writing blog is the first compulsory assignment of my international student life.
From my aspect, writing blog is the motivation to write and share something that you are passionate about it. In fact, I have to say “NO” as I am not that passion to write about any academic topic. But in MSc student level, I should write something about digital marketing stories to reflect my knowledge. Also the blog comment section, I have to sharing my ideas with my knowledge and critical thinking which I have a few on it. Blog started to challenge my life since my first class.
- As my statement above said that writing blog comes from motivation, so I have to encourage myself when I have no intention of writing something up.
- My blog may not difficult if my writing blog assignment is not about Digital Marketing field.
- I am almost crazy when I keep thinking about blog. Sometime I cannot make my interesting content happen.
- Blog makes me feel that “life is not easy anymore.”
- The improvement of writing skill is increasing when compared with my first story.
- I have more confident to give opinion on the story.
- I have a great opportunity to discuss with other readers through comment section.
- Reading and receiving knowledge in marketing field from other bloggers.
- Sometimes, the same topic such as MOOC reflection, Blog reflection, Gamification and storytelling provide many different aspects from each bloggers.
- I can learn how to deal with time management.
- Before start writing, researching story is an essential way to get some ideas.
“The use of a blog had a positive role in self-reflection- Murray and Hourigan’s (2008 cited in Miyazoe, T. and Anderson, T. 2010)”
In conclusion, as I am a student and may be a marketer in future, it is great to have a good opportunity to do something that I have never done before like writing blog. I have many skills of improvements, such as critical thinking skill, planning skill and writing skill. In addition, my knowledge of digital marketing field was increasing by reading other classmate’s story. Finally, If there is someone asking me “Do you like this kind assignment?” I can say “Absolutely Yes.” Blog is a good practice to create your professional image that may benefits to you in the future.
“BLOG CHANGED MY LIFE ALREADY…HOW ABOUT YOU?”
- Miyazoe, T. and Anderson, T. (2010). Learning outcomes and students’ perceptions of online writing: Simultaneous implementation of a forum, blog, and wiki in an EFL blended learning setting. System, 38(2), pp.185-199.
- Eridon, C. (2013). What Is Business Blogging? [FAQs]. [online] Blog.hubspot.com. Available at: http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/what-is-business-blogging-faqs-ht [Accessed 10 Nov. 2015].